Fresno, California– I’m coming for you!!
I’m happy to say that I’ve been asked to speak at California State University Fresno during their month of love.
How cool is it that colleges are embracing self-love and body positivity? I’m so happy to be a part of this.
This event is open to the public, so if you live in, around or near Fresno State, I’d love to see you.
Here’s an excerpt from the article on Fresno State’s website:
‘MONTH OF LOVE’ ENCOURAGES STUDENTS TO PRACTICE SELF-LOVE
Students are encouraged to practice self-love by caring for all aspects of their health and well-being with theMonth of Love campaign at Fresno State. Lasting throughout February, the campaign includes the “I Heart Me Fair,” Feb. 10 and a lecture from “The Plus Size Princess” CeCe Olisa Feb. 17.
“The month of February is often associated with Valentine’s Day, a holiday all about showing love to others,” said Melissa Norris, coordinator of special projects for the Student Health and Counseling Center. “The intent of the Month of Love campaign is turning this idea around and instead encourage students to show love to themselves first and foremost.”
The campaign will commence with the “I Heart Me Fair,” 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Wednesday on the balcony of theUniversity Student Union. The event, featuring music and prize giveaways, will offer students information about caring for all aspects of their health and well-being.
Olisa, a Fresno native who currently lives in New York City, believes in a living a healthy lifestyle at any size. Her presentation will focus on how the longest relationship one will ever be in is with themselves.
Additional Month of Love events include:
- Feb. 16 (11-12 p.m.) – “Eating Well on a Budget” workshop will focus on simple strategies that yield the most benefits to health, such as how to plan, purchase and prepare healthy meals and snacks. Henry Madden Library Room 2206.
- 18 (12-1 p.m.) – “Fresh Fruit Break” outside the University Student Union where students will be offered fresh fruit.
- Feb. 23 (10-11 a.m.) – The “Healthy by Design” workshop will explore how surroundings influence food choices and how simple changes can make healthy eating automatic. Henry Madden Library Room 2206
- Feb. 29 (1-2 p.m.) – The “Mindfulness and Play” workshop will focus on the power of incorporating mindfulness and play into daily life. Participants will learn about the benefits, techniques and practical applications of play and mindfulness. The workshop is presented by Georgianna Negron-Long, health educator for the Student Health and Counseling Center. Henry Madden Library Room 2206.
- Feb. 11 and 25 (12-1 p.m.) – “Fresh Fruit Break” outside the Student Recreation Center.
For more information, contact Norris at 559.278.1023.
So cool, right?
If you’d like me to come speak for your school, sorority, event etc. you can contact me here